Saturday, April 10, 2010

April 10 Pisces Moon

Pisces Moon

10pm...The Hotel and Restaurant are full of groups of young women, bachelorette parties and other festive small clusters of pretty giggling and wobbling on extra-high heels.
The Ballroom behind me is set up with an extra bar and a deejay; the famous outside pool/patio/bar temporarily closed pending its' annual transformation into Summer Fabulousness.
The Security Staff is expectant, professional, ready-to-go, not yet worn down by the patrons, hoping for a night without Too Much Drama. They coolly man the entrances and check Ids; checking IDs is the easiest thing they will do tonight.

12:30am...the Hallway is jammed. It's hard to be heard over the noisy chatter, and I'm straining my voice. I've read for an impressive number of people tonight, all women. I was worried there might be tears, with the Moon in Pisces creating excess emotional touchiness, but everyone has been super fun and funny. I'm so relieved! Tonight has actually been a pleasure.

1am......We are done! Off to Buzzbrews to grab a bite and wind down. If we get there before the bars close we can get a table, and the place will be only slightly busy; the last thing I want is more loudness and the crush of too many people. I want to NOT TALK for awhile, and to eat just enough to get relaxed and sleepy.

No comments: